My Lippie Experiment: Give Me More Lip!
I’ve never been big on lip products, and will use that one same lip gloss everyday until the tube is gone; even then I don’t really exactly ‘hit pan’ on those everyday lip products and the tube just disappears from my purse forever and ever… I am that chapstick kind of girl who would maybe pickup a subtle pink lip shade for that everyday wear, and afraid to go bold. It wasn’t until this summer when I needed a makeup ‘pick-me-up’ that I realized how much a lip color can complete your makeup look (Check out my post on Statement Lips). So, when my sister bragged to me about this new lip set that she got from Sephora, I said with my wide opened eyes, “I GOTTA have it too”. And there, I began my lippie experiment.
That’s right, my sister and I both have this same lip sampler from Sephora, because we don’t like to share. 😉 This awesome set consists of 16 different lip products from lipsticks to glosses to long wearing and more, in 4 ranges of colors: reds, pinks, nudes, and berries! This sampler kit is perfect for someone who has minimal lip products and is curious to explore different lip colors against their skin tone. Also, all of these products are mid range quality brands that can be individually found at Sephora, but here you can have it all. For only $59, you will get 16 quality brand mini lip samples to try, not to mention 4 of the items are full size! The full size products already add up to $77, so the kit price of $59 is a steal! I have been having so much fun experimenting with all of the various lips shades, and to my surprise, I fell in love with the reds and the berries zone.
- Hourglass Cosmetics – Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon
- Highly pigmented deep red that is almost a stain, which lasts beautifully on the lips.
- Kat Von D – Foiled Love Lipstickin Adora
- A copper-y red with shimmers, which would be great for a party look.
- Make Up For Ever – Rouge Artist Natural N45
- By observing the bullet, it appears that this red would be as red as Snow White’s apple. However, it applies sheer like a tint.
- Bite Beauty – High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate
- This lip crayon has a formula that is rich, deep, and creamy, which is what I used for my devil look makeup tutorial.
- Kat Von D – Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi
- What can I say? It’s Barbie hot pink! And it’s super long lasting that I had to wipe off my swatch with a waterproof makeup remover.
- Smashbox – Lip Gloss in Pout
- Opaque baby pink gloss
- Too Faced – La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Marshmallow Bunny
- Wearable peachy pink that reminds me of marshmallows, and that’s exactly what it’s called.
- This is one of the four full size products in the set, which is individually sold for $21.
- BareMinerals – Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Never Say Never
- Creamy matte pink lipstick that is a couple steps down from Barbie pink, but still shouts girly and makes the lip pop.
- Another full size lipstick in the set that is sold at $18 each, individually.
- Smashbox – Be Legendary Lipstick in Nylon Nude
- Another full size lipstick! Are we on a roll or what? This lipstick is $20 individually.
- I have never owned a matte nude lipstick for those strong smokey eye looks; now I do.
- Laura Mercier – Lip Glace in Bare Naked
- Opaque nude lip gloss
- Buxom – Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian
- This nude lip gloss is a bit pink, which is wearable for anytime.
- As most Buxom lip glosses, the gloss has a plumping effect and feels a bit tinkling on application.
- Stila – Stay All Day Liquid Lip Color in Dolce
- Deep nude long wearing lip color with light gold shimmers. Again, it’s a dryer formula for that longer lasting characteristic.
- Tarte – Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick in Inspired
- This matte berry color is close to my natural lip color, which makes it very wearable on a daily basis.
- Stila – Color Balm Lipstick in Sonya
- The formula is sheer and glossy, yet the color pay off is still amazing. I guess since my natural lip color is mauve, this color complements me quite well also.
- Buxom – Full-Bodied Lip Stick in Menace
- Ooo~ This has been my fall favorite! It’s wine stain deep, and very vampy.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics – Lip Tar in Strumpet
- I’ve always wondered about these lip tarts from OCC, and here I have it, a full size product from this awesome kit. Each lip tar from OCC is $18.
- I would consider this a ‘lip dye’. The formula is very liquid-y, yet the color is super rich and shiny. It is a long wearing lip stain without the dryness.